WelcomeFred Astaire Dance Studios have given the joy of ballroom dancing to tons of thousands of New Yorkers for almost 60 years.
Halloween PartyJoin us on Thursday, October 24th, from 8:00 PM to 10:00 PM for our Halloween POTLUCKSPOOKTACULAR. Bring your favorite dish to share. There will be awards for best costumes and of course lots of dancing.
Love Is In The Air
“Love Is In The Air” is a Broadway type production number featuring the Fred Astaire East Side's students and teachers at their best. Each number is specially choreographed with solo and group numbers being incorporated into the production piece. The show will be held on June 21st 2014 at the the Dicapo Opera Theater.
See the highlights reel below for our 2013 Showcase "There's No Business Like Show Business"...
2014 Annual “Winter Spectacular” Showcase
The 2014 Annual "Winter Spectacular" Showcase will be held on Saturday, December 21 at the St. Jean the Baptist Community Center (76th Street at Lexington Avenue). Don't miss out on a faboulous end of year event.
Dances We Teach
- Social Ballroom dancing (Foxtrot, Waltz, Tango, Quickstep)
- Latin dancing (Cha Cha, Rumba, Samba, Paso Doble)
- Nightclub (Salsa, Merengue, Hustle, Swing)
- Argentine Tango
- Wedding First Dance Preparation, Mother/Son Dance, Father/Daughter Dance
- Ballroom and Latin Competitive Dancing
- High-level Championship Coaching
Dancing with The...
If you feel “stuck” and your day (or year) just needs a lift, try something new.
Karen Young did; she and her husband Ben, who is a devoted “Dancing with the Stars” fan, came to our studio to spend some time together and try a dance lesson.
Turned out, Karen and a friend have their own blog, The52weeks.com, and a few weeks later Karen sent us a link to an article on her blog describing her and Ben’s dancing experience with us.Follow the link to read about it: http://the52weeks.com/2011/10/dancing-with-the/
Why Fred Astaire
Why you should learn how to dance at a Fred Astaire Dance Studio?
- Co-founded by the legendary Fred Astaire and with more than 60 years tradition in dance instruction, Fred Astaire Dance Studios - a worldly recognized franchise company with more than 150 locations in the United States alone - provide your demand for excellence.
- From Ballroom to Latin to Swing to Salsa, we offer all styles of dance lessons for singles or couples, all ages and abilities in an enjoyable and relaxed atmosphere.
- Whether you wish to simply have fun, exercise, prepare for an event, master a powerful social skill or become a competitive-level dancer, we will tailor your dance program and provide you with a written lesson plan that is designed specifically for you, with your interests and problem areas in mind.
- Through a structured and personalized approach to your development as a dancer we guarantee that you will accomplish your goals.
- We track, lesson by lesson, your progress in our charts and programs. Our teachers, who are not only well known performers in our field, but also holders of professional teaching certificates and diplomas, regularly meet to discuss your progress and find ways to improve your dancing more quickly.
- Dancing is not just about the steps and music; it is a perfect combination of physical activity, social interaction, and mental stimulation.
- At every Fred Astaire Dance Studio, learning how to dance is always easy and fun! In your very first lesson, you'll learn the basic elements on which all dance patterns are based and within hours, you'll be ready to dance!
Don't put it off for another moment - walk into a Fred Astaire Dance Studio and dance out!