WelcomeFred Astaire Dance Studios have given the joy of ballroom dancing to tens of thousands of New Yorkers for almost 60 years.
Dances We Teach
- Social Ballroom dancing (Foxtrot, Waltz, Tango, Quickstep)
- Latin dancing (Cha Cha, Rumba, Samba, Paso Doble)
- Nightclub (Salsa, Merengue, Hustle, Swing)
- Argentine Tango
- Wedding First Dance Preparation, Mother/Son Dance, Father/Daughter Dance
- Ballroom and Latin Competitive Dancing
- High-level Championship Coaching
Zumba® with Sonya
Sonya’s ZUMBA® classes feature exotic rhythms set to high-energy Latin and ethnic beats. Before participants know it, they’re getting fit and their energy levels are soaring! There’s no other fitness class like a ZUMBA® Fitness-Party. Sonya’s beautiful moves and specially choreographed fitness dance routines will not only get you moving, but will inspire you and teach you the basics of Latin dance as well. Even if you have tried ZUMBA® before, you haven’t gotten the full experience until you have danced with a champion like Sonya!
Dancing with The...
If you feel “stuck” and your day (or year) just needs a lift, try something new.
Karen Young did; she and her husband Ben, who is a devoted “Dancing with the Stars” fan, came to our studio to spend some time together and try a dance lesson.
Turned out, Karen and a friend have their own blog, The52weeks.com, and a few weeks later Karen sent us a link to an article on her blog describing her and Ben’s dancing experience with us.Follow the link to read about it: http://the52weeks.com/2011/10/dancing-with-the/
There is no business like show business“There is no business like show business” is a Broadway - type show production dedicated to the Studio's 20th Anniversary and featuring the Studio's staff and Students in beautifully choreographed group and solo performances. The show will be held on June 9th, 2012 at the Dicapo Opera Theater, showtime 8:00 PM.
Why Fred Astaire
Why you should learn how to dance at a Fred Astaire Dance Studio?
- Co-founded by the legendary Fred Astaire and with more than 60 years tradition in dance instruction, Fred Astaire Dance Studios - a worldly recognized franchise company with more than 150 locations in the United States alone - provide your demand for excellence.
- From Ballroom to Latin to Swing to Salsa, we offer all styles of dance lessons for singles or couples, all ages and abilities in an enjoyable and relaxed atmosphere.
- Whether you wish to simply have fun, exercise, prepare for an event, master a powerful social skill or become a competitive-level dancer, we will tailor your dance program and provide you with a written lesson plan that is designed specifically for you, with your interests and problem areas in mind.
- Through a structured and personalized approach to your development as a dancer we guarantee that you will accomplish your goals.
- We track, lesson by lesson, your progress in our charts and programs. Our teachers, who are not only well known performers in our field, but also holders of professional teaching certificates and diplomas, regularly meet to discuss your progress and find ways to improve your dancing more quickly.
- Dancing is not just about the steps and music; it is a perfect combination of physical activity, social interaction, and mental stimulation.
- At every Fred Astaire Dance Studio, learning how to dance is always easy and fun! In your very first lesson, you'll learn the basic elements on which all dance patterns are based and within hours, you'll be ready to dance!
Don't put it off for another moment - walk into a Fred Astaire Dance Studio and dance out!